Monday, March 23, 2009

What a Great Day!

Today was my birthday and all of my family and friends made me feel so special (actually, I had a great birthday weekend). It started off when I got home on Friday and Chuck gave me my birthday gift. He surprised me with a spa pedicure! I just love getting to do those, but never spend my own money on one. My friend Jen had gotten me one several years ago and I had enjoyed it so much that Chuck gets me one every so often on special occasions. I also was pleasantly surprised when Brock posted this on his blog this morning. Then, when I got up this morning, there was an envelope from Kenzie waiting for me. It had the most wonderful letter inside and she had made a picture and used ribbon to attach two dollar bills for me from her piggy bank (so cute!). Aside from all of that, my dad sneaked into our house on Friday while we were out on our "birthday date" and finished all of the trimwork on our flooring. Mom made me a special birthday dinner for me on Sunday and I even got a birthday serenade from my mother and father-in-law! I was really touched by their thoughtfulness. Finally, I had such a great day at school today with some very nice gifts and cards from my friends and my "secret pal" Deb brought in a wonderful meat and cheese tray with fresh fruit and lowfat vanilla yogurt to dip it in. I really appreciated how she took the time to bring in something that I could enjoy without guilt. I just feel so blessed to have so many very wonderful people in my life!!!

6 comments:

Cade said...

How sweet.

Unknown said...

Michelle glad you had a great day you deserve it. Love MOM

Jerry, Chantal & The Girl Gang said...

Wow! You are obviously loved very much! I agree with Cade...How Sweet! I hope Kenzie is feeling better. Don't worry about my kiddos, if they get sick, it isn't like we haven't been before. It is the way life goes with kids! :)
I hope you have a great rest of your birthday!

Anonymous said...

How nice!! Happy Birthday!~

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Sounds like you celebrated it in style!

Amy Covey said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! It sounds like you had a great day....you definitely deserve it!