Monday, March 9, 2009

Tuesday Tribute

I don't even know where to begin with my parents. They are my role models on so many different levels and they are two people that I have always known that I could count on. Growing up as an only child, I spent a lot of time doing things with my parents. We had fun together, but I also remember doing a lot of hard work with them. Mom and Dad didn't have much money, but I always had nice things because of my parent's hard work. Everything that got done at our house was done by my parents. They built the family room addition together, remodeled the kitchen together, and when Mom wanted a pool, they built one together! They worked together side by side on many projects at home. For many years they also worked side by side at the bank, and even having spent all of that time together I always knew that they were one another's best friend. That is what I have always strived for (and have been lucky enough to get) in my own marriage. Here are just some of the many reasons that I love my parents:

*They ROCK as grandparents!!!

*They always took me camping when I was growing up and those are still some of my favorite memories!

*They always welcomed my friends into our home and treated them like family.

*They always forgave me when I made mistakes (and still do!)

*They love my husband as though he were their own son.

*I always knew that they were proud of me and believed that I could do anything that I set my mind to.

*They are hard workers and I have learned the value of hard work from them.

*They almost never miss their Saturday night "dates." :0) SO CUTE!!!

*They still say "be careful" when I am going out of town (even though I am 35 years old!)

*They rarely miss any of the kids' events.

*They would do ANYTHING for Chuck, the kids, or me!

Mom and Dad - I love you so much and I really can't thank you for all you have done and continue to do for me. You are the best parents ever!!! Love you bunches!!

1 comments:

Deb said...

You do indeed have great parents...so giving and caring about everyone! You know what DAne thinks about your mom...she is just about as high up as mine!