Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Praying for Grandma

Today I got a call at school from Chuck saying that they were taking Grandma to the ER. Tina had gone to check on her and found her unconscious on the floor. A little while later he called again and said that things didn't look very good. They had arrived at the hospital, but she was still unconscious and unresponsive. He was scared and I was scared. I waited all afternoon to hear how she was doing and the longer I waited, the more scared I was. He finally called about 2:30 and said that she was responding and seemed to be doing a little better. As I am typing this she is in the hospital and they are saying that she had a very severe UTI that was so bad that it has traveled into her bloodstream (there is a name for it, but I don't recall it right now). She also has pneumonia. This is really a strain on her heart, especially now, as she was just hospitalized a couple of months ago for heart problems. I have to be honest....I am really worried for Grandma. We all just love her so much. It is impossible not to. She is just a really sweet person. Anyway, I am praying for her and thinking of her. Just sitting here writing everything down makes me feel better. I'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

Ang said...

praying

Jerry, Chantal & The Girl Gang said...

We are also praying for Grandma! It can be a very tough time, watching someone go through a time like this. You feel so helpless, but I am certain that they know you are there and are caring and loving them, whether or not they can express it. If you need anything, please, just let us know!
God Bless!

Deb said...

did you see the kids prayer journals from church last night? They were praying for her. What a blessing to have children who believe in the power of prayer! Let me know if you need anything at all! I'll be praying!

Amy Covey said...

i'll be praying for grandma - and for all of you.