Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Best!

Well, we are back from a very long, but very FUN weekend! We got home a little later than we wanted to, but we had such a great family weekend with Steve, Deanna and the kids. I'll post more about that soon, but I really wanted to post about what great parents I have. I know I have said it before, but I have to say it again...they are getting really good at these big surprises where they "sneak" over when we aren't home and do something really great for us. The last time they did it, Dad had finished installing our new floor. This time, we had just gotten home from our weekend trip and Chuck and I were inside unpacking and we had sent the kids outside to play. After a little while the doors burst open and they were screaming, "Our playhouse has a floor!! Our playhouse has a floor!!" Good ole Grams and Gramps had sneaked out and installed the "good" leftovers of our old flooring into the playhouse. It looks AWESOME! Two years ago we went to Tennessee and when we returned home my parents had built the kids a playhouse that looked exactly like our house...siding and all. My dad utilizes everything he can find...leftover materials from other projects, things that other people are going to pitch...he just finds a use for everything. Well, anyway, the outside of the house has been finished for a long time, but we had decided that this summer would be the time to do the inside. So, you can imagine the surprise and delight that we all felt when we discovered our newest surprise. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my parents?!?! Thanks Mom and Dad...the floor looks fantastic...you are simply...the BEST!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle, we enjoy helping you guys out whenever we can.It's fun for us to sneak and do it, then we wait to see how long it takes for you guys to find it.It is a fun game. We think the kids beat your old record in finding the floor. We love all of you guys very much and you & your family make us proud all the time. Love Dad & Mom.

Ang said...

how sweet

Amy Covey said...

Your parents are so sweet! I bet the kids loved their surprise!

PS Maybe we should start letting your parents know when WE are going out of town...just in case they feel like surprising someone else. :)

Deb said...

I saw your mom and dad over there and wondered what they were up to this time!! Can't wait to hear about your fun weekend!