Monday, February 9, 2009

Tuesday Tribute


Some of the blogs that I follow do something called "Tribute Tuesday" and I wanted to give it a try. It is a way to honor those in our lives that deserve to be recognized. I have decided that there is no one in my life who is more deserving of a tribute than my husband. I can't even think of where to begin...Chuck is my best friend. He is truly one of the most selfless people I know. He always puts the kids and me before himself. He helps out, not only with the kids, but also with all of the day to day work around the house. If laundry needs done, dishes are dirty or a toilet needs cleaned, he will not hesitate to pitch in and help out. He doesn't believe in "women's work." Everything at home is "our work." Chuck has coached many of the sports that the kids have been involved in and I know that our kids will always remember how involved their dad has been in their lives. He takes time to get to know our kids' friends and I have seen him on many a day in the front yard playing football, baseball, soccer or some other game with the kids (well, alright, he may be doing that for HIS enjoyment...but the kids enjoy it too!). One thing I really appreciate is all of the little things he does to make my life easier, like putting gas in my car so I don't have to mess with it (I can't remember the last time I had to pump my own gas), bringing me a coffee in the morning or making supper when he knows I'll be home late. All and all, I think I am pretty darn lucky, so today, I am sure glad to pay tribute to my great hubby. Love you, Chuck!!!! Check back next week to see who I pay tribute to next.

3 comments:

Crazy for Art said...

What a great picture and wonderful tribute to your husband! It it a special woman who appreciates how rich she is.

Deb said...

I have told many people that chuck is one of the nicest people I know. He is quite funny as well! Glad to have gotten to know you both as great friends...not just family!

Michelle said...

Oh Deb, now he is going to have SUCH a big head!! Ha, ha!!! Seriously, we feel the same about you guys!!