Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Tribute

This week I didn't get around to putting together a Tuesday Tribute post. I thought maybe I would just skip it, but I got a phone call from my mom this evening and I knew what I wanted to write for my tribute. It is a little different than what I have done in the past, but I think it is just what belongs here this week. My dad's uncle received word that his great niece, Olivia, who is only 18 months old, has cancer. She had a mass on her face and it was found to be cancerous. They took a biopsy to determine the severity and type of cancer. They are going to check her vision, as they worry that she may have a type of cancer that can take her vision away. They will soon be doing more testing to see if it has spread to any other areas, and to her brain in particular. They will also be putting a tube in her stomach to do chemotherapy. I do not know this family personally, as they are part of our extended family, but I am going to be praying specifically for her and, if you are a praying person, would you please pray for her too?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how awful. My heart goes out to your family. No little kid should have to face cancer. I will keep them in my prayers!