Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's A Date!


Every so often Chuck and I schedule "date nights" with the kids. It is just a way of making sure that we get to spend time with each one and they get our undivided attention for the night. This time was Chuck's turn to take Kenzie and I was taking Brock. Chuck decided to take Kenzie to her first Komet's game. He didn't tell her until the morning before when he brought home flowers with a note asking her to the game. Oh, my goodness, I could hear her squealing all the way at the back of the house (she LOVES to get flowers). Brock is always an easy date because he loves to go to Takaoka, so that is what I had planned for us, however, when I called for reservations I discovered that they were closed for 90 days for remodeling. Sooo...we did some quick thinking and we went to the Flat Top Grill instead. He had never been there before and really loved it! Afterwards, we went to the movies to see "Mall Cop." It was a fun night for all of us...until we got home.

When Brock and I got out of the car, we were greeted by a huge puddle of frozen water. As I opened the door I saw more water in the laundry room and I knew it wasn't going to be good. I followed the water into the kitchen where I saw a "waterfall" pouring from the dishwasher. It had run all the way across the kitchen and into the dining room. I panicked!!! I called Chuck, but his cell phone was off, so then I called Mom and Dad. They were out within minutes and helped me get the water stopped. The short story is that my kitchen floor is going to need replaced and the dishwasher had a malfunctioning part. They are coming to look at it on Monday and we can check on insurance too, so hopefully all will work out well. As Mom pointed out, it could have been so much worse, so, all in all, I am still thankful. (I had to laugh...at one point Brock leaned over and looked into the dishwasher, which had water just pouring out of it and he said, "Oh, I see the problem, Mom...there's water coming out of here." It was a good tension breaker at the moment!)





This was Kenzie's outfit for the game. She worked really hard to find orange, black, and white in her closet. I thought it actually turned out pretty cute.




Brock and I before leaving for our date.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alexis and I had a date on Saturday. We went to see Hotel for Dogs. It was so much fun to have a "girls day"! We should take the girls out together sometime!

Michelle said...

Deanna,

A girl's night out sounds fun. Brock and Kain could do something and Chuck and Steve could finally get the "alone time" they've been needing!