Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mom and Daughter Fun!

Kenzie has been asking and asking to do a Mom and Daughter day, but we have been so busy that we haven't been able to fit one in. She has also wanted to get our fall decorations out and decorate cookies together, but I have been too busy for that. Detect a theme here? I realized today that she is growing up so fast, and before I know it she won't want to do these things with me and I will regret not making time for her. There is nothing in this world that is more important to me than my kids, but sometimes I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life that I forget what my most important priorities are. Well, today was not going to be another one of those days! I had to go to a training this morning and we got out early, so when I got home, I headed out to Wal Mart to get what we needed to make some cookies. When she came in off the bus, the cookies were in the oven and the frosting was mixed and ready to decorate. The excited little squeal that she let out when she walked in was exactly the reason that we needed to do this! It melted my heart to see how thrilled she was just to have the chance to do this with me. I worry sometimes about how I can give my kids everything they need, but I found out today that all they really need from me is my time and attention. I'm going to try to do a better job of giving it to them. I even let Kenzie use my camera to take a picture of me (that is a big deal, if you know me at all!). Enjoy pictures of our fun Mother / Daughter evening! :0)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Deb said...

Very cool Michelle! Looks like a great time!

Jerry, Chantal & The Girl Gang said...

Neat! I know exactly what you mean about getting caught in the hustle and bustle! I need to take notes from you and copy your style! Way to go MOM!!!

The Life and Times of 3 Biberstines! said...

So precious!! Don't you love when you take that kind of time? It's so enjoyable and it's amazing how much of a difference a little bit of quality time makes in the kids! I can't believe how grown up Brock and Kenzie are...unreal!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle, I agree with Chantal~I too get caught in the hustle and bustle and forget what matters most...you seem to have control of that!! Thumbs up to you!!

P.S.~how do you get the pics to come up in the places you visit(links)? I can't figure it out!

Michelle said...

Carole - When you go in to edit your layout, go to where it says "blog list" and hit "edit." When that box opens up there are a set of check boxes that show options. Just check "show thumbnail of most recent" and that should do it. Hope that helps! :0)