Monday, December 15, 2008

What a Blessing!

Cindy asked all of the grandkids if they would do a special with her at church. She had the idea to sing the song "Christmas" and have each grandchild sing a letter in the word "Christmas" and what it stood for. They had practiced together a few times and then performed during candle lighting at church on Sunday. It really was so neat to see them all up there working together to highlight the true meaning of Christmas. When Jared's turn came, they all signed the letter "m" and signed for "baby" and "manger" with Jared...it really was awesome to see. It was a great way to incorporate him into the piece. Bailey surprised everyone when she stayed up there and did her part without a hitch. She is growing up. I am just so proud of my nieces and nephew (and of course Brock and Kenzie). It just fills my heart to see them up there together. They are the BEST!! Below I just had to put in this picture of how Jared signed his own name in the register at church. It is kind of blurry because I really cropped in close so as not to include any other names. Can you believe that handwriting?!?! He is a smart little guy!

Kenzie had the letter "A." "A" is for all He stands for. Isn't she just the cutest thing?!?!? (I may be a little partial!)
Brock was the letter "S." "S" is for the star that shone so bright. I am so proud of this kid...I just can't tell you what joy he brings into our lives. He went shopping to buy a gift for his sister tonight with his own money and I was even more proud when he emptied his wallet and split the rest of his money between the Toys for Tots canister and the Salvation Army canister. He truly does know the meaning of Christmas!
Here is the whole bunch. We thought they made a good looking group. I think it is neat that all the kids, even the bigger girls, still want to do these kinds of things with their grandma.

1 comments:

grandma c said...

Michelle, I loved the picture of the Christmas song. What a blessing to have 8 very unique grandkids in their own way. The family fun night was a blast.