Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Have the BEST Husband Ever!!!

This past Sunday was our 12th wedding anniversary and Chuck and I had plans to go to Takaoka, our favorite restaurant. He told me that he had made reservations and called for a sitter and we were all set to go. I couldn't wait and kept going on and on about how excited I was to go to Takaoka. Well, on Friday night Chuck told me, "Chelle, I hate to break it to you, but we aren't going to Takaoka." I asked him what he was talking about and he said, "Well, I wanted to surprise you so I made reservations at the French Quarters in Perrysburg and just you and I are going there for the weekend." Once I stopped crying - I couldn't believe he had gone to so much trouble - I asked what we were going to do with the kids. He said he had made arrangements and that all I had to worry about was packing. I was ecstatic! Especially since I knew that there would be shopping involved and I had Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket! Well, to make a long story short, Chuck's entire family (who were going to be watching the kids) came down with some sort of flu and couldn't watch the kids. We had a brief moment of panic, but my mom and dad came to the rescue. Without even hesitating, they dropped all of their plans and took the kids so that Chuck and I could go on our trip. They are just AWESOME!!! I have to give special thanks to Mom because Dad was also sick (not puking), so she took on most of the task of kid watching. THANKS guys!!!! Anyway, you may have noticed that there aren't any pictures. In all of the excitement, I forgot to bring my camera. But, rest assured, we had a great time, the room was awesome, and my husband ROCKS!!!! Thanks Chuck, for a great anniversary!!

0 comments: