Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's My Lucky Day!!

I am so lucky! We had a snow/ice storm last night and this morning my school cancelled and Brock and Kenzie's school didn't. Soooo...today was "parent day" at Brock's enrichment class and Chuck was all set to go since I couldn't, but with the cancellation I was able to go with him instead. It was such a nice treat for me because Chuck usually gets to do all those fun things since I am at school during the day. I really enjoyed getting to see Brock's enrichment class and the inventions that they had created. That was right up his alley! Below are some pictures from our fun day.
The teacher had a great activity for us to do with our children. She gave each of us a bag with the items that are displayed below and we had to create our own game using the items. This was a creative thinking activity and Brock was MUCH better at it than me. I like to have someone show me exactly what to do and then I can do it. He would much rather be in charge and do things his own way.

This was our creation. It was called "Marble Maze Madness" and we had a blast doing it together.
The kids had to make new inventions from objects that they had torn apart and examined. Here is Brock and Cade with their invention.

Thanks Brock for an AWESOME day! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments!

0 comments: