Thursday, January 27, 2011

Basketball

Brock and Kenzie are both playing basketball this winter. It has been fun to watch them. Of course, Kenzie has always danced, so we are still getting used to the sports thing with her. I thought it was so funny when I looked at the pictures I took on this particular day. I had a ton of Kenzie's team, but very few of Brock. I think that this is because I am really laid back when watching Kenz. For her it is about getting some exercise and having fun with her friends, so when I am watching I can take pictures and visit and enjoy it. With Brock, however, it is different. I am much more anxious watching his games! They are a much faster pace, higher pressure, and for sure, more competitive. Sometimes I get so into watching that I forget to lift the camera! He has improved a good deal this year. Overall, this seems to be the year that Brock has really shown an increased interest and commitment to the sports he is playing. It definitely makes it more interesting to watch. I have to say, I really don't care if they are the stars of their teams...I am just so proud of them for having the determination to get out there and try. I wish I had a little more of that when I was growing up. I think their lives are so much richer from the experiences that they are having playing sports as they learn how to be part of a team and the value of giving your best effort no matter what. I just love these kids...probably so much more than they could ever imagine!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

darlene shobe said...

Great pictures,they are having a great time. We are proud of both of them.

Love Grandma & Grandpa