Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

This year for Halloween, we went digging in my mom and dad's attic. By now, you probably know how creative my dad is, and Halloween is his specialty. When I was younger, he always made my costumes and they were always fantastic and creative. Now, Halloween isn't really Brock's favorite holiday because he isn't crazy about scary stuff, but McKenzie....she is a whole different story! She went crazy going through my dad's box of costumes and she was really excited when she saw the headless bride costume. When she tried it on and it fit...she was all about wearing it. This costume was one my dad made for me when I was about her age and he had saved it all these years. Many of our friends and family have worn it too! Now Brock, he did NOT like the costume and didn't want much to do with it, but he did find a mask that he liked and he settled on that. This is the first Halloween that Kenzie went with a scary costume, but she liked it. We took them to the Fall Fright Festival at the fairgrounds, which we had never done before and they had lots of fun there. They both entered the contest and Kenzie was thrilled when she won first place in her category! She even got ten dollars! Later, we went trick or treating in Willshire with their cousins, which is a tradition for us and we were thankful for the dry skies. It was a fun Halloween and we were glad that both of the kids were healthy enough to enjoy it!




Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Amy Covey said...

WOW~very creepy Kenzie. I can see why Brock was a little uneasy!!!