Saturday, September 12, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Our niece, Amber, was chosen to be the freshman attendant at Parkway's homecoming game this weekend. Of course, we were all so proud and came out to watch her on this very special night. I can't begin to tell you the mix of emotions that I was feeling as I watched our beautiful niece throughout the evening. I began dating Chuck right about the time that Amber turned one, so I have basically known her for her whole life. I can remember holding her on my lap and her excited squeals when she would see us coming and every milestone in between. Now, to look at the lovely young lady that she has become, I was simply overwhelmed with a feeling of pride. When I speak of her beauty I am not simply talking about physical beauty. You see, Amber is beautiful on the inside too. I think that she is the kind of young lady that you hope your own child grows up to be like. She is kind to her classmates, respectful of her family (well, maybe not her sisters...), and active in her church. She is never embarrassed to talk to us when she is with her friends or her boyfriend and she is always willing to lend a hand where it is needed. So, although I may be a BIT biased, I do think that she has earned this honor. Congratulations, Amber on your very special night. We are so proud of you and we love you very much!






Posted by Picasa

0 comments: